As our society becomes more environmentally aware, consumers are constantly looking for ways to be more efficient in their everyday life and less harmful to the environment.
Below are some helpful “green” grilling tips from Cal Flame so you can grill your favorite meals without harming the environment.
Gas vs. Charcoal
- Although it doesn’t offer the same flavor as charcoal, the cleanest, most energy-efficient grilling option is gas grills (natural gas or propane), with electric grills coming in a distant second.
- The demand for natural gas and electric products certainly has environmental impacts, (offshore drilling, hydro-electric dams and coal-fired power plants), but these two options still offer the cleanest, most energy-efficient way to burn fuel.
- Wood and charcoal burners pollute the air with tiny particles of soot that can contribute to chronic lung and heart problems.
Use Organic Meats & Produce
- Look for free-range meats that have been grass-fed or produced using certified organic feed.
Use Eco-Friendly Briquettes
- Briquettes or lump charcoal are NOT completely earth-friendly because burning either of them can cause pollution.
- Producing wood-based lump charcoal can contribute to global warming and/or deforestation.
Dispose of Ashes Properly
- Wood ash is alkaline. It can be used in the garden as a fertilizer, but only if you’re trying to neutralize very acidic soil so apply it with care.
- Charcoal ash contains chemical residues which are harmful to plants and should be disposed of in the garbage.
Light Your Fire without Fluid
- Chimney starters and electric probes are good alternatives to lighter fluids, which emit harmful
- ·VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) when lit. They are inexpensive (usually $12-$15) and provide a fast, reusable, pollution-free alternative for lighting up the grill.
Cal Flame replacement parts are available exclusively at Quick Spa Parts. For additional information on Quick Spa Parts, please visit: www.quickspaparts.com
Share and Enjoy
Besides being a source for relaxation and leisure, hot tubs provide health benefits that optimize health in the long run and help reduce joint and muscle pain. Hot tubs are really an anti-aging machine, reducing stress (the silent killer) will allow you to live a fruitful life. Combining a healthy lifestyle, with a balanced diet and soaks in a hot tub several times a week can assure healthy aging.
September is Healthy Aging Month, encouraging adults over the age of 50 to think positively about moving forward and taking up activities that will help them age in a healthy way. It’s never too late to improve one’s physical, mental and social well-being through new ways of exercise and relaxation. A hot tub will benefit adults over the age of 50 by providing the following specific benefits from hot tubbing:
Improved Sleep – It is recommended that the average healthy adult get about 8 hours of sleep every night. Deep-sleep is needed for your body to repair itself from a busy day. The warm massaging jets can help relax your body before a goodnight’s sleep.
Improved Circulation – While in a hot tub, your blood vessels will widen and blood circulation will improve promoting the delivery of nutrients throughout your body. The increased circulation, referred to as vasodilation, leaves skin looking new and refreshed, and will appear younger.
Reduced Stress – Soaking in a hot tub 3-4 times a week is an efficient way to reduce stress which we all know can be detrimental to your health. The intense hydrotherapy a hot tub provides will 1.) massage muscles, soothing away aches 2.) warm water will increase circulation and increase flexibility in your joints 3.) buoyancy helps the mind relax.
Find replacement parts for your hot tub at Quick Spa Parts. You’ll also be able to purchase replacement parts for your barbecue at Quick BBQ Parts. If you are looking for a new hot tub, please visit Cal Spas.
Share and Enjoy