Need an idea of what to grill up for dad on Father’s Day? Try these deliciously seasoned burgers topped with bourbon-kissed, caramelized onions and melted Provolone cheese.
Course Main Course Cuisine American Prep Time 20 minutes Cook Time 25 minutes Total Time 20 minutes Servings 6 Calories 730 kcal
- 2 pounds ground beef 80/20 – fat ratio
- 3 tbsp bourbon
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/4 tsp ground oregano
- 1 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 6 slices smoked Provolone cheese
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 2 sweet onions thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- In a large skillet, melt the 3 tablespoons of butter over medium heat.
- Add the 1/4 cup bourbon, onions, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until the onions are soft and lightly browned, at least 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the ground beef to a large bowl with the 3 tablespoons bourbon, Worcestershire sauce, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper. Lightly mix with your hands and form into six patties.
- Heat grill and scrape the grates clean. Cook the burgers, searing on the higher heat side and flipping to finish cooking on the lower heat side. Cook the burgers until the internal temperature is 145 degrees F for medium rare or 160 degrees F for medium.
- Add a slice of the Provolone cheese to the top of each burger in the last minute of cooking to melt.
- Serve the burgers topped with the caramelized onions and fresh leaf lettuce.
Missing parts or ready to upgrade your grill? Head over to www.quickbbqparts.com today!