Top Ten Tips for Grilling
Here at Cal Flame we’re always looking for new tips and tricks for grilling and we know it can be a little daunting if you’re new to the scene. Today we’ve gathered out top ten tips and tricks to help ease some of that intimidation.
- There are two grilling methods: Direct and Indirect, know the difference and when to use them.
- Oil the food, not the grates.
- Do not cook on a grill that is 600F or above.
- Always preheat your grill. Wait for the charcoal to be covered with gray ash or if you have a gas grill turn all burners on high.
- Always let your food rest before cutting into it.
- Clean your grill gates before and after every use.
- Only flip your food once at the halfway point through cooking time.
- Cooking with the lid closed will reduce your cooking time.
- Brush with BBQ sauce only during the final 10-15 minutes of cooking time.
- Place your food across the grilling grates so the items do not fall through. This will also maximize your grill marks.