Best Method to Cut Your Cooking Time in Half
It’s EASY to hate vegetables. Most times they’re bland, served cold, or just plain ole flavorless.
But to all of our fellow veggie haters, there are some vegetables that when prepared right, are absolutely delicious. To name a few, there are:
- Summer Squash
Grilling vegetables (specifically skewing them) to create a shish kabob is a quick and creative way to cut down your cooking time while enhancing their flavors. Skewing different vegetables also offers the perfect combination of different textures and flavors to satisfy both your sweet and savory cravings.
- Once you’ve selected your vegetables, chop all of your veggies into similar sizes to ensure they cook evenly and finish around the same time.
- Once you’ve prepped your vegetables, season them with your favorite spices (we recommend a little bit of olive oil, salt, pepper and seasoning salt [optional])
- Then skewer each vegetable onto your Cal Flame metal skewer. We suggest placing different vegetables beside each other to form a variation of different textures and spices. [We don’t recommend wooden skewers, they burn easily.]
- Once your vegetables are chopped and skewed, fire up your Cal Flame grill and place your vegetable shish kabobs onto our v-patterned grill grates perfect for enhancing your vegetable’s natural flavors.
- Grill each kabob for 8 minutes before flipping the kabob to the other side.
- Cook all sides of the kabob, occasionally checking every 3-5 minutes to ensure they’re not overdone.
- If they’re not ready to serve, place each kabob in your Cal Flame food warmer to keep your food hot and ready to serve as you cook your remaining food.
ALTERNATIVE: You can also try searing your vegetables with your Sear Zone Burner to lock in all of those delicious flavors.
- Once they’re ready to serve, create a homemade sauce or buy a pre-made one. Though these kabobs are delicious on their own they’re enhanced once dipped in a sauce.
That’s it. It’s that simple to turn your boring flavorless vegetables into a delicious roasted kabob. Add a customized dipping sauce or buy a pre-made one.
Did you like this article? Pin it, hover over one of the images below and select the Pinterest button in the top left corner.