Halloween is pumpkin carving season which means pumpkin seeds are the treat at the end of your pumpkin carving activity. Everyone has there own way of preparing and baking pumpkin seeds, here is the Cal Flame way to do it:
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Neutral Cooking Oil
- Your choice of toppings (salt and pepper, garlic parmesan, cinnamon sugar, etc)
- First, wash the seeds – it is best to remove the seeds once you have cut your pumpkin open. To easily remove the pulp you can put the seeds into a large bowl of cold water and gently remove the pulp with your fingers.
- Boil the pumpkin seeds in water – this helps roast the seeds evenly and not burn the inside of the seed. It also allows the shells to become perfectly roasted.
- Dry the seeds– after you boil the seeds and drain them it is best to put them on a cutting board with a paper towel on top.
- Place the seeds on a baking pan – when they become dry evenly spread the seeds out on a baking pan and drizzle one thin layer of oil on top.
- Heat your Cal Flame Convection Grill to 250 º F.
- When it hits the right temperature, place your pumpkin seeds on the Cal Flame Convection Grill and allow them to bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- Every 5-10 minutes open the grill and shake the seeds around to prevent burning.
When you are done set them aside to cool, place them in a bowl, and enjoy the wholesome flavor of autumn.
Sprinkle the seeds with any flavor you like such as:
- Salt and Pepper
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Honey Sriracha
- Garlic Parmesan
- Chili Lime
- Salted Caramel
Head over to Quick BBQ Parts to get your grill replacement parts now so you can be ready for fall with these roasted pumpkin seeds!