Start up the grill and get ready to make Grilled Pork and Onion Tacos! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Eight 1/4-inch-thick pork loin cutlets (about 2 pounds)
- 1 large sweet onion, such as Vidalia, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons chile powder
- Eight 6-inch flour or corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 Hass avocado, halved and sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- Sour cream and lime wedges, for serving
How to Make It
Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Arrange the cutlets and onion on a large baking sheet. Brush all over with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Season the cutlets with the chile powder.
Grill the onions over moderately high heat, turning once, until charred and tender, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and cover with foil to keep warm. Grill the cutlets, turning once, until just cooked through, about 2 minutes.
Transfer the pork to the cutting board. Coarsely chop the onions and cut the pork into 1/2-inch strips; transfer to a platter. Serve with the tortillas, avocado, cilantro, sour cream and lime wedges.
Interested in more grilling recipes? Check out https://www.foodandwine.com/. Still missing something for your grill? Head over to www.quickbbqparts.com to get replacement parts or drop in add-ons to make your BBQ the ultimate grilling station.