As you might have heard by now, the Western United States has been experiencing a severe drought that has been dubbed one of the worst. As hot tub owners there are a few precautionary tips that can be taken to help ease the situation during this serious dry spell in the West Coast.
Check them out below!
- All pools, spas, and ornamental fountains/ponds shall be equipped with a recirculation pump and shall be constructed to be leak-proof. Pool and hot tub draining and refilling shall be allowed only for health, maintenance, or structural considerations.
- Water should not be applied to outdoor landscapes in a manner that causes runoff such that water flows onto adjacent property, non-irrigated areas, private and public walkways, roadways, parking lots, or structures.
- Automatic shut-off devices should be attached on any hose or filling apparatus in use.
- Refrain from washing streets, parking lots, driveways, or sidewalks, except as necessary for health, aesthetic or sanitary purposes.
- Reduce water use by the following suggested percentages: Residential and Rural 25-40%; Multi-family and Public/ Institutional customers reduce water use by 20-30%; commercial customers by 20%; and Landscape Irrigation by 25-50%.
- Motor vehicles and equipment shall be washed only with buckets or with hoses equipped with automatic shutoff nozzles.
- If draining a pool or hot tub, untreated water may be used for irrigation or clearing purposes.
Remember: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. We can work together to create a bigger and brighter future for everyone.
Replace all necessary hot tub parts to keep your spa running at 100% all the time. Reduce the need of maintenance and reduce your energy usage by keeping your hot tub in perfect condition year-round. Visit www.QuickSpaParts.com for spa parts directly from the manufacturer at a discounted price. You’ll also find hot tub and patio accessories to create the ultimate personalized hot tub experience.